If you want to see enhanced muscle development, better athletic performance, and achieve an overall sense of well-being, one of the main things to take into consideration is testosterone enhancement.
Far too many men completely overlook the role that testosterone plays in their overall well-being, but if your levels are not optimized, make no mistake about it, you are going to feel the effects.
To take this one step further, unless you are doing something to promote higher overall testosterone levels, you can expect that they will start to decline once you hit your late twenties. It’s a natural process that takes place as aging ensues and can be amplified if you make the wrong lifestyle and diet choices.
Fortunately, there is help. By using a natural testosterone booster, you can regain your former testosterone levels – possibly even taking them higher than they ever were, and start feeling like a stronger, fitter and faster you.
Let’s take a look at the need to know facts about testosterone boosters and then we’ll walk you through the top five supplements on the market.
What are natural testosterone boosters?
When it comes to increasing the level of testosterone in your system, there are two ways you can go about doing so. The first is through the actual admittance of synthetic testosterone into your system.
This is the far more dangerous route to go and puts you at risk with a wide variety of potential side effects. Additionally, being that it is a non-natural method, the body can actually shut down its own production of testosterone, so that if you ever stop admitting the synthetic testosterone, your blood concentration levels will plummet.
Then there’s the natural route which involves using products made up of select vitamins, minerals, and ingredients that work with your body to enhance the normal production of testosterone that is currently taking place.
These natural testosterone boosters help to elevate your blood concentration levels by improving your production capabilities.
As a result, there are far fewer, if any, unwanted side effects and if you discontinue use of the product, you will simply return to the same previous level you had before.
What are the main benefits of natural testosterone boosters?
So now that you know what natural testosterone boosters are. What are their benefits?
Some of the key advantages of choosing this route include:
- Better athletic performance
- Enhanced recovery ability between workouts
- Improved lean body mass composition
- Enhanced feeling of maleness
- Increased libido level and sexual function
- Zero or little negative side effects
Natural testosterone boosters work with your body to enhance your well-being, so there is quite the difference between the two.
Best Testo Booster Ingredients
These are the top ingredients to look for when it comes to a good testosterone booster. If a booster doesn’t have most of these is likely not as effective.
- Oyster Extract – This one is a big player when it comes to testosterone boosting. Oysters are very high in zinc, zinc has been shown to be extremely important when it comes to raising testosterone. It’s also is full of vitamins, amino acids, omega 3 & 6 and taurine and has even been shown to improve brain function. This one is a must have.
- D-Aspartic Acid – This amino acid plays an important role in sperm cell and sex hormone production.
- Vitamin D3 – This one might be called a vitamin, but it’s really a hormone. We get vitamin D3 from the sun, but most of us don’t get enough. It helps us release leutenizing hormones which aids in the release of testosterone and growth hormone.
- Ginseng – Ginseng is another herb that has shown to stimulate cell growth and boost testosterone levels.
- Zinc – As we mentioned earlier zinc is vitally important to testosterone production. Studies have shown that supplementing zinc for just six weeks increases testosterone and that restricting zinc levels can significantly decrease testosterone.
Avoid Proprietary Blends
Proprietary blends are a growing problem in the supplement industry. This is where mix many ingredients together and list it on the label as a blend. The problem with this is you have no idea how much of each of those ingredients you are getting. Complete transparency is best so the customer knows what they are getting and it also helps limit side-effects.
RELATED: Best Fat Burners For Men
The Top 5 testosterone boosters to know about
So now that you know what the advantages are, which products should you turn to? With the wide variety of options available when selecting a testosterone booster, there’s definitely no shortage of choices.
Here are the top five testosterone boosters to choose from.
1. Prime Male
Topping off our list is Prime Male. This is a relatively new product to hit the market. This exciting supplement has been formulated specifically for guys aged 30+ and is designed to naturally reverse the effects of the age-related decline in testosterone levels that every man experiences – approx 1% testosterone loss per year, starting in your late twenties.
The result: Increased muscle and strength, reduced body fat, a boost in sex drive and performance, more energy, improved mood, enhanced cognitive function, and many other health benefits associated with increased natural testosterone production.
Prime Male’s formula and benefits are similar to that of our second place finisher TestoFuel, but it contains ingredients to help older men. It also has an added benefit: Higher bioavailability.
Higher bioavailability means the nutrients in Prime Male are more easily absorbed. This is especially beneficial as we get older. That’s because our ability to absorb nutrients from food and supplements naturally deteriorates with age.
- Prime Male uses D-Aspartic Acid Calcium Chelate which is shown to be better absorbed and more effective that ordinary D-AA.
- Vital T-boosting minerals Zinc & Magnesium are included in their pure elemental citrate forms.
- Boron – a vital trace mineral studies have shown to increase free testosterone levels around 30% – is included in its most bioavailable form.
- Essential T-boosting vitamins D3, B6, K2 are included in their most bioavailable forms.
- Prime Male also contains BioPerine®, a patented black pepper extract proven to significantly increase bioavailability and absorption of nutrients. This will further improve bioavailability of the entire formula.
Also included in the Prime Male formulation is:
The science-backed estrogen blocker Luteolin, Asian Red Ginseng, Mucuna Pruriens, Nettle Root. Prime Male contains 12 ingredients in total, in what are apparently their most pure and potent forms.
The dose is 3000mg per day, and the manufacturer’s directions for use state that for optimum results, 1 capsule is to be taken 4 times per day with a meal or snack. There are 120 capsules in a months’ supply. The makers offer a money back guarantee; you can use the product risk-free for a full 90 days.
If you are aged 30+ and want to regain some of your youthful energy, strength and athletic performance, Prime Male is the testosterone booster we recommend for you.
- Designed specifically for men aged 30+
- Contains optimum doses of natural ingredients that are proven to work
- Premium quality, higher bioavailability & no fillers or excipients
- Excellent customer reviews
- Not suitable for vegetarians or vegans
- Can only be purchased online from official website
Visit www.primemale.com to learn more about this supplement.
In second place on our list of natural testosterone boosters available is TestoFuel. This is another excellent product that is designed for bodybuilders and strength athletes and has undergone extensive research and uses only the highest quality proven ingredients to help promote a greater natural testosterone release in your body.
This particular product contains the largest dose of D-Aspartic Acid making it a highly effective muscle and strength builder. In addition, TestoFuel contains optimum doses the proven ingredients of Vitamin D, Oyster Extract, Zinc, Magnesium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K2, Fenugreek and Siberian Ginseng. And you won’t get filler ingredients with this one like you do with many others.
The nice thing about this product is not only will it boost strength and muscle size, but it can help you get leaner at the same time as well.
In addition to that, one positive benefit that this product offers that not all natural testosterone boosters do is that it can help to improve your overall mood state. While maintaining a better mood is clearly a favorable thing, it also helps out in terms of your muscle building results because the better your mood is, the higher your motivation tends to be, which then means more effort put forth in the gym.
This then translates to faster muscle growth as well.
Finally, the last thing that sets this natural testosterone booster apart from others on the market is the fact it offers a money back guarantee. This is unheard of with many other product options available, so you can basically try TestoFuel for 90 days, risk-free.
For athletes who still aren’t quite sure if a testosterone booster will help, this is the product to try out first.
- Contains optimum doses of D-Aspartic Acid & Vitamin D
- A massive 3000mg dose per day, 120 capsules in a monthly supply
- Contains Oyster extract – the number 1 test boosting food
- Great customer reviews
- Not suitable for vegans or vegetarians
- You can only buy it online
Visit www.testofuel.com for more information about this supplement.
3. BSN Evotest
BSN Evotest the next ranked testosterone booster and is a unique option in that it’s available in both capsule and powdered drink form. For those who dislike swallowing pills, this will be a better route to go. There are mixed reports on the taste quality of the product, however this is an individual preference and should not be something that deters you from purchasing it. It mixes fairly well by most reports, so is something that you should be able to easily take with you to the gym for use around the workout session.
This product has many powerful ingredients as well that support a higher natural testosterone release including magnesium, D-aspartic acid (DAA), calcium, vitamin D, along with a proprietary blend containing various herbal ingredients like Fenugreek and Suma Root.
One particular benefit to note about this side effect that users report really enjoying is the improvement in sleep quality it tends to give. Since sleep is the primary time when the body releases the anabolic hormones and when you repair all the muscle tissue damage, this really can work to your benefit overall.
- A great alternative for people that can’t swallow pills
- Only contains small amounts of Vitamin D and D-Aspartic Acid
Visit www.bsnonline.net for more information about this supplement.
4. MusclePharm Battle Fuel XT
The next product you might want to consider is MusclePharm’s Battle Fuel XT. This natural testosterone booster works on four different levels, helping you to gain a powerful increase in testosterone release.
First, it’ll work to increase normal testosterone production through the use of DAA. Next, it’ll help to activate the testosterone being produced in the body through the use of N-acetyl Carnitine, Pyrethrum, and Orchioides.
On the third level, it helps to spark greater muscle size growth by providing Suma Extract, Maca, and Carnitine (which also helps to enhance sexual performance), and then finally, on the fourth level it will help to suppress estrogen levels which oppose testosterone in your system.
With these four benefits combined, it delivers a more powerful total testosterone enhancement effect to your body.
- Large dose of D-Aspartic Acid
- Reasonably priced
- Small dose of Vitamin D
- A 20 day supply – you take 8 pills per day for 20 days
Visit www.musclepharm.com for more information about this supplement.
5. Super Test by Beast Sports Nutrition
Rounding out our top 5 we have Super Test from Beast Sports nutrition. This one comes in the capsule form as well as a powder so if you don’t like capsules this one may be another good option for you.
This one uses four complexes. First they use a testosterone support complex, second they use a nitric oxide complex that is designed to increase blood flow throughout the body to aid in sexual health and muscle building. Third they use an estrogen control complex to keep estrogen levels down. They also have a liver and kidney support complex.
This one really professes itself as libido and sexual health enhancer. It uses Tongkat Ali for testosterone production and libido enhancement as well as Ashwagandha herb which is supposed to be a natural aphrodisiac as well as a male hormone booster.
For increased testosterone they use L-Arginine, Fenugreek along with Puncture Vine among other thing which looks like a decent mixture.
The problem with this one is they use proprietary blends on all of their complexes so it’s hard to determine how effective it will truly be.
- Complexes for testosterone, estrogen, sexual health and liver and kidney support complex
- Could use more proven ingredients
- Mainly available online
So there you have the top five natural testosterone boosters available on the market right now, our best choices being TestoFuel for building muscle and strength, and Prime Male if you are aged 30+ and want to regain your youthful vitality.
Each of these products is going to have different dosing instructions, so be sure to read up on how to take each one properly in order to see optimal results.
And remember, no testosterone booster will be as effective unless it is also paired with a proper diet plan and a good workout protocol. Both of these will additionally be key to success.