The MP45 Program is one of the best selling workout programs on the market. In this article we will break it down for you and give you our thoughts on it’s effectiveness. The program has a complete diet and workout for each day of the 45 day plan. We will take look at both as well as the total package, so let’s get started.
We purchased the program from MP45.com. We knew the program had a full workout and diet for the 45 days of the program but we were very surprised and pleased by the amount of information we got on top of the the workout and diet itself. The program also came with 2 large E-books, one for diet and one for training that covers everything you can even think of. They cover exercises for each body part, rep schemes, cardio, HIIT cardio, supplementation, how to burn fat, carb intake, protein, pre-workout nutrition and way too much more to list. Together they are 303 pages of basically everything you would ever need to know about diet and exercise on top of the program itself. We also like that the program can go onto your smart phone so you can have it with you at all times. Definitely a big thumbs up!
RELATED: Best Workout Supplements For Men
The Exercise Program
The exercise program is solid. They use a lot of compound exercises like squats, push ups and rows which we feel are more effective than isolated exercies (example: bicep curls) although some isolated exercises are mixed in. If you are trying to transform your body compound movements a would definitely be what you would want to focus on and they do that pretty well. They also use a lot of super sets and giant sets which is a nice way to step up the intensity. The cardio portion of the workout is a lot of high intensity interval training (sprinting exercises) which is definitely the way to go and has been proven to burn fat at a much higher rate than someone on the elliptical machine for a half hour or more. The program also gets progressively more difficult as it goes on, as your body adapts they continue stay a step ahead by stepping up the training in each phase. Overall the exercise program and cardio are what you would want, they also do a good job of using high intensity which is what you are going to need to take it to the next level. Greater effort = greater results.
The plan tells you what to eat for every meal and snack for every day of the 45 day period. The plan has you eating every 2-3 hours including the pre and post workout meals which is perfect. The food the plan has is dead on. Eggs, grilled chicken, cottage cheese, fruits, veggies and fish are some of the main staples which is exactly how you should be eating. There is also enough variety in the meals to keep you from getting bored of eating the same thing day after day. They even include cheat meals which is good to break up the monotony and keep the metabolism up.
- The biggest pro is all the information you get with the program, 418 pages total for the diet, training info and the program itself. They went into a lot of detail, way more than you would expect
- Uses HIIT/HIST cardio, the most effective way to burn fat
- Uses a lot of compound exercises.
- Diet plan is solid with some nice variety
- Easy purchase and download.
- Works on your phone – you can download it to your phone and bring it to the gym with you so it is right there with you the whole time. No needing to print it out or write it down and bring it with you.
- Keeps it real, they let you know going in that it is going to be hard work and they even have a nice section to get you motivated to get started and get after it.
- No hard copy, download only. This might not be a con to some but I like to have a hard copy rather than just a download, perhaps I am old school. Make sure you save the program saved on a couple devises in case something happens to one of them, they tell you to do so, don’t forget.
- You can’t do it at home. This program is made for the gym and it requires a lot of machines you won’t have at home. You might get some decent results ad libbing at home but you won’t get the full effect without the gym.
In conclusion we would definitely recommend the MP45 program. The diet is on point and has nice variety. The training program is well put together, detailed and gets progressively more intense as you go along. They make great use of HIIT, super sets and compound exercises with little rest between sets. The bonus material you get with the program is like an encyclopedia of weight training, cardio and nutrition. Overall the program is well worth it and the bonus material makes it a good value. Just be ready to work, like anything in life, you get out of it what you put into it.
Check out their website mp45.com for more information.